View Single Post
Old 25 May 2019, 18:59 (Ref:3905735)   #1701
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Pictures from the Qualifying Race: https://bit.ly/2K42goC

These are from Galgenkopf/Kleines Karussel (Sat evening, into the dark); the stretch from Ex-muhle to Kalenhard; Fuchsrohe; Aremberg and lastly Adenauer Forst.

This was a really good event to go to, especially as my interest is the GT3 cars. A much smaller field means less traffic (and thus no waiting for a particular car for 8 minutes then have it turn up alongside two cup cars and a TCR). There was less of a crowd than for the VLN races and the organisers (the 24H rather than VLN) had a very relaxed policy on parking so I was able to drive right up to several difficult-to-reach places, hence the wide spread of corners covered. It also has a lot of running - nearly 12 hours over the two days.

A fairly interesting variety of cars as well. A big contingent of the four German marques of course, but also a Lamborghini, three GT-Rs, three Ferraris, a Z4, a Glickenhaus and a Lexus LC and RCF. No Viper though - hope it is in the 24.

Not photographed here but there was also a surprisingly ugly Supra GT4 and two very pretty Aston GT4s (one all white, one all black).