View Single Post
Old 9 Aug 2020, 12:32 (Ref:3993990)   #125
ascarracinguk
Veteran

ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!ascarracinguk has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Lol maybe! I meant just that this is familiar but won’t be brushed away this time.

The brake ducts was just an example, there’s a lot more to come.

I feel sorry for the technical team who have worked very effectively under financial constraints for many years to then be told to copy someone else’s drawings.
Copying has been part of f1 since the start and as toto has said, other leading teams employed the same techniques to copy the merc last year.....just racing point have taken it to the extreme, and in their opinion legally.

I think it’s a master stroke by the team, not only does it help them this year but helps them when the new rules come in.

Do you really think HAAS and Alpha Tauri would have had their results over the last couple of years without buying parts from manufacturers and copying their designs? It’s no coincidence the Haas looks like ferrari and alpha Tauri looks like the red bull.

Let’s not forget it’s not just as simple as taking 3D photos of the car, you can’t directly copy another car, it has to be different, even if those differences are small.