Thread: DiRT Rally 2.0
View Single Post
Old 26 Sep 2018, 17:06 (Ref:3852810)   #6
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I though both DR and D4 had their strengths and weaknesses. The rally stages in DR were excellent but, even with the revised physics model, some of the car behavior was odd (specifically thinking when the cars left the ground or collided with an object).

The rallycross cars could be unpredictable in DR and, in my opinion, that was the single biggest improvement in D4: the cars slid easier and were much more controllable on the limit.

I also thought that, for the most part, the 4WD rally cars handled better in D4 as well. The rally stages in D4 were a lot more forgiving though, which is why I think many felt that D4 was more of an arcade game as you have a lot more room for error. The biggest step backwards in D4 were the RWD cars which didn't feel anywhere near as much of a handful as they did in DR.

D4 was also cut short on content by Codemasters being denied the Pikes Peak license. I am curious to know exactly what happened behind the scenes, but the total lack of follow on support for D4 was bizarre.

It's a shame "Your Stage" isn't back as I think it had incredible potential. The hand crafted stages should bring back the same level of stage detail that we saw in DR. With more locations and rallycross tracks than DR, I hope it's the complete sequel that D4 should have been.