Thread: Rules Future Rule Changes
View Single Post
Old 27 Mar 2018, 15:52 (Ref:3811279)   #2698
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleman View Post
Some interesting replies......thanks.

My thinking is, keep taking the aero off the cars until we reach the point that they can race each other, stay close behind, regularly get the opportunity to out brake each other and can pass using slipstreaming rather than DRS.

I don't know how much slower the lap times will be before the tipping point is reached. My hunch is, F1 cars will still be faster than other categories.......but by a smaller margin.

Surely in this day and age it must be possible to model the "tipping point".
This is what they did with IndyCar. They scrapped the Chevy and Honda aero-kits and went for the Universal Aero Kit, which is ground effect. Downforce has now been reduced but it hasn't affected lap times. At the opening race of this season, the track record was broken.

This is quite an interesting take on things from Mario Andretti.

http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/135045