View Single Post
Old 3 Apr 2017, 08:16 (Ref:3723441)   #2
eps
Racer

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
eps should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I attended this event with Truck, having been to the Dubai 24 hrs of which this forms a part or subset..

The racing was really good. The cars looked great on the track. The only slight criticism would be the small grid - but this event looks set to stay and they will improve and expand it. I'm sure there would have been more GT4 cars (specifically Ginettas) racing if it hadn't clashed with the BTCC event at Brands Hatch on which Ginettas feature. In fact one of the team owners was even splitting his time between the two events (lucky chap!) - Colin White (CWS).

In the end the 'Touring Cars' won the race - although that was mainly because it was "their" event as they headline it. The Seat Leons look really impressive and there was a lot of free access to everywhere and signage and communication - something that a lot of motorsport events lack!! i.e. they indicate which grandstands would be open and when. Little things like this which made it easier to know where to go and when.

I've posted some photos on flickr - the weather was most unseasonably kind. https://flic.kr/s/aHskSeFhbZ should be the album link for those interested.

Looking forward to going to the WEC which is less than 2 weeks away now! Although there is a lot of earthworks going on in the area which was where the fanzone was placed for the past two years... They are starting their WRX 'track'. So not sure how things are going to be laid out for the WEC - but I guess there is 'more than enough' space there.