View Single Post
Old 21 Aug 2018, 07:20 (Ref:3845124)   #25
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
I'm so young, I've no idea what a carnet is.

As has been stated, the stark reality is no one from the bottom feeders at the top, and down, has a bloody clue what's going on or what will happen.

We've been intergrated with Europe for 2 generations, therefore there can't be more than a handful left in the country who raced internationally before that who are still doing so. the whole world has changed immeasurably, as has the population.

Does the FIA have a stance? Will any of our Cars comply with Euro safety regulations in a year or more? Will it be a case of an HTP being a necessity and doubling in price? An FIA International license will be a minimum requirement I'm sure, not really a problem for most as we already have them.

On the bright side, the RAC can continue like the FA and ECB, in true British fashion, so FE's can be hand pumped, string back gloves and cork helmets will become derigeur again. Goodwood will soon be the safest circuit in the country

Mrs Zef is Strayan, she's recently had to renew her passport with biometric bits for her indefinite leave to remain (law changed, 3 years ago but no one said anything, we found out when she changed jobs recently) The home office offer a one day service (£850) but there's a 45 day waiting list. Bear in mind nothing's actually happened yet . . . She' currently document free, 4 weeks and still waiting,( so no summer holiday for us!) We're applying for an Aus passport for Arthur, and I'm investigating alternatives as well. Car is for sale. It's tempting to cash in on the house as well, while it's still worth something.

As Simon said, from Sussex, we can be at Spa in 6 or so hours, Dijon about 8. Last time I went to OP it took over 6, last time we visited friends in the lakes it took more than 8. We're more Brittany than Yorkshire here.