Thread: How to fix F1?
View Single Post
Old 21 Jul 2019, 13:19 (Ref:3918725)   #1348
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My prediction is nothing can be done to stop the decline of F1. Motor sport is on the decline and F1 is part of motor sport. Every major series of motor sport is losing popularity, can anyone point out a major category that isn't or maybe two or three? Fixing the structure and reducing costs will not haul back the huge losses of followers to F1 or any other category. An exception to the above is FE but when you start from nothing there has to be an improvement in the fan base.

Changing the structure of F1 will (might) make the present fan base happy for a while but let's look at the satisfaction graph at the end of 2021 and I bet there will be a huge amount of criticism from some parts of the crowd. It would be interesting to see some graphical illustrations of how the fan base has dropped in the last ten years but I would not know where to look or if it even exists. Do the drop off numbers exceed the present fan base?