View Single Post
Old 8 Jan 2020, 23:06 (Ref:3950526)   #15
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Al (Allan) Weyman, most likely. He has a Camaro and races with the Classic Touring Car Racing Club. Think he may have had an IROC car as well. Not active on the forum for a while, but could likely be found via Facebook if you wanted to ask him anything.
Hi guys. I do indeed own a genuine Penske Tube frame IROC but sadly the car you have there is not the sister car to mine. On my car the only original GM parts are the roof, rear quarters, rear panel and bumper. The rest is entirely fabricated by Banjo Matthews the NASCAR Stock Car builders and finished off and ran by Penske and is chassis number Penske IROC 11 and raced as car number 5 and is documented to have won at the hands of Mario Andretti, and raced by Gunnar Neilson, Richard Petty and Buddy Baker and others. I have an American friend who owns the pink one. I told the chap you bought that off Mr. Cohen (?) it wasn't a Penske IROC as it wouldn't have the stock shell and front subframe that yours has. If your own Facebook there's a page on there about Historic Oulton Park ran by a photographer Mr Higginbotham who recently put a great set of pictures up of all the ASCAR cars at what must have been a pretty packed meeting. Both your car is on there and mine bit also with similar rear aero grafted on which I have now ripped off and replaced with the proper GM panels. It's driven by Anthony Wolfe. Hope this helps and excuse spelling mistakes as posted via phone.