View Single Post
Old 23 Sep 2019, 21:55 (Ref:3929788)   #21
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Point taken, how the world has changed.

Have they actually? My sons, now in their mid 40s, both worked weekends, one in a nearby Sainsbury's on their checkouts, whilst the other worked as a clerk in the London office of a Japanese travel company who brought over plane loads of Japanese tourists. This meant that the office had to be manned 24/7 to deal with both changes in circumstances as well as emergencies. They also worked at their respective jobs whilst on holiday from school and after they went to universities.

And going back to the sixties, I had a full time, 5 1/2 day job plus I worked evenings and weekends in a pub plus some hours in a restaurant and bistro owned by some friends.

I am sure that plenty of others will have similar tales.