View Single Post
Old 11 Oct 2019, 15:14 (Ref:3933308)   #5160
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
The friends graduated (or left) the Uni, the elderly sister both passed away. Other people we knew also moved on and I moved further way as well.

Speaking of old friends, one of the things that I really admire about one of my sons is his seemingly effortless ability to maintain friendships that he has made during his 46 years.

His best man at his wedding 20 odd years ago was a friendship kindled during his time at infant school in the 70s; he recently returned the favour by being his best man. He is also still in touch with a couple of others from that school, as well as primary and secondary schools.

When he went to Bath University, he became a part of a close-knit group of 5 male students who all started that semester. At the end of the first semester, they all moved out of the halls of residence, and rented a farmhouse that was conveniently situated bang opposite the gates to the university, where they all stayed in what appears to be perfect harmony.

It must be have been good, because even now, more than 20 years later, the 5 meet up individually throughout the year plus every October they join up together in Wales, where each year they spend a long weekend walking the coast, starting from near Chester and working their way down south - I think that they will be well into their sixties by the time they reach Cardiff. Each year they seem to spend less and less time walking, but hours spent in the pubs they come to increases.

He also keeps in touch with old work colleagues that he has worked alongside since he left university.