View Single Post
Old 25 Jun 2019, 13:43 (Ref:3914126)   #40
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
The circuit layout and the surroundings are fabulous.
I reckon Paul Ricard has a bigger gap between how it looks when you are there and how it looks on TV, than any other circuit.

It's a lovely place to visit. Beautiful setting, great viewing (albeit not all the way round most of the time), the stripes offer great angles and odd views. Weather is great. It's just terrific.

Almost none of that comes across on TV. The stripes whizzing by as the camera pans hurts the eyes, one corner looks exactly like another, you get no sensation of speed. It's just dull.

I see also that the French public decided to sort the traffic problems out by largely staying away - half empty stands and far-from-packed standing areas compared to last year.