View Single Post
Old 18 Mar 2016, 13:40 (Ref:3623857)   #29
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
You *******! Have fun!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Thx for sharing!
Nick and Matt, I'd like to hear more about your experiences this year at your home tracks. Closest to me is Winder Barrow where there's a fight every weekend and a race breaks out. I may brave a visit this year. Its dirt but now that Lanier and Peach State (Grisham) are inactive, the closest asphalt oval is AMS, I think.

I'd still like to try and get Greenville Pickens for a K&N race but the March race will be a tall order. Just wish there was something closer.
A buddy of mine and myself do the Icebreaker and World Series at Thompson every year.

I really don't get out to any other short tracks during the year as most of my Saturday nights are taken up crewing for my buddies Late Model at the New London-Waterford Speedbowl in southeastern CT. Best track in the state for actual racing, 3/8 mile and two actual grooves so you can run side-by-side for laps. New owner is pumping a lotttttttttttt of money into the facility this year. Gone are the armco barriers in the corners, replaced with concrete. All new electrical system for the track lights, new scoreboard, an additional pit gate on the exit of 2, and brand new catch fencing all the way around(lets hope its black so you can see through it). Grandstands to be torn down and rebuilt between the '16 and '17 seasons.

Last edited by Matt; 18 Mar 2016 at 13:48.