View Single Post
Old 25 Dec 2020, 00:38 (Ref:4025146)   #50
Jimmy Magnusson
Veteran

Sweden
Jimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJimmy Magnusson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
What happens after that? Well, that's three years away that a decision HAS to be made and hopefully one will be made and communicated before then but it doesn't need to be now. As we start to see new models coming out (reportedly hybrids as well as electric only) over the next couple of years, I think that potential paths are likely to become more obvious.
Supercars can bandaid for a while and in some ways already have been given the Mustang v Camaro rivalry that we're heading for. GT3-style cars will probably still be around once that's done and I imagine that'll be an easy if not especially visionary step to make. And besides, I can't exactly see Australia leading the charge in banning the combustion engine.

The problem is really what you want long term. One day the ICE won't be in any road car and the question is where you want to be when that happens. Racing without them is a strange thought, I agree, but I think that's where we're heading outside of the niche and short tracks.