View Single Post
Old 16 Jan 2019, 10:47 (Ref:3876434)   #333
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
I'm still trying to find it but one of the raced Corsa cars went up for auction last year and got less than one of the street cars. And that was claimed to be the pattern for them all, think it was a Classic Driver article but can't find it. Was a car that looked great, sounded great but they forgot there was a rule book.
Correct me if I'm wrong but the Corsas were never raced as they were different cars from the GT1 racer. Similar to the Ferrari FXX program for trackday use only. From appearances they were the same as the GT1 car but with the full width rear wing and no engine restrictors. I believe there were 6-7 GT1 chassis made and raced, the 12 Corsas were separate chassis-never raced in FIA GT/ALMS/Italian GT. A handful of the Corsas were made street legal too but not by Maserati

Considering they only raced in FIA GT I can certainly understand why the GT1 racers wouldn't be worth a lot. Sure they won a number of races, titles and Spa 24hr wins but that appeal would be limited due to the fact it only raced in limited series and never at Le Mans. Off the top of my head a Ferrari 575 GTC goes for 500-750k and I did hear a rumor of a Prodrive Ferrari 550 going for $3m which is insane if true-that wasn't the Le Mans 2003 winner either..