Old 4 Mar 2020, 12:53 (Ref:3961509)   #128
Pilgrimage
Veteran

England
Kent, England
Pilgrimage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Le Vieux View Post
I sympathise with your point of view. My own days attending the race are drawing to a close - principally because of ill health and old age - but I still anticipate being there this year.

The race goes through peaks and troughs. 2020 looks certain to be one of the troughs, but I'm sure it will bounce back. I think back to the Balestre trough, the 1992 trough and possibly others will feel there have been more. For now, the ACO seems to have lost its way, but I'm sure common sense will ultimately prevail.

Nobody seems to want to be invloved with expensive hybrid prototypes; I suspect the public doesn't want to know about hypercars and during all this, GT3 is flourishing worldwide. My own preference would be for LM to return to the format we saw in the Fifties and early Sixties, but I know there are tenthers who would sooner see nothing but prototypes.

Whatever direction the ACO takes, my interest seems unlikely to wane. despite my physical limitations. I hope you feel able to return soon, Pilgrimage.
Thank you and I wish you better times with your ill health. I am sure I will be back soon!