Thread: WEC WEC 2022 Season
View Single Post
Old 10 May 2022, 22:23 (Ref:4109615)   #285
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
Not even for Spa or Monza?

Spa was rammed at the weekend. Monza will be too. Le Mans is awesome. Super Sebring is awesome. I don't personally want any non-racing related razmatazz around these great events and confess I don't really understand why this would be deemed necessary for their future success.
Maybe I'm not explaining myself that well - but I do think the championship will need to step up to an extent in its promotion. It could become SO much bigger across an entire season.

And when I'm saying it needs to step up, I'm thinking more around benefits that lead to hooking in corporate sponsors and naming partners, or maybe it's better TV deals, increased social media visibility etc. Use this coming momentum to boost the series long-term and not be satisfied with what they already have.

At the circuit is one part of it and I take your point about some existing great events. That said, I've seen your Flickr page and I've gotta say, I think you're one of the most committed motorsport fans I've ever seen. Genuinely. Major respect for that. In that sense I don't think it's you they ever need to worry about.