View Single Post
Old 15 Sep 2017, 12:10 (Ref:3767074)   #182
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
>>>>>If you live far away, as I do, it is not doable as an event I am afraid. It is hundreds of pounds for a weekend if you include staying away, and probably a hundred pounds at least to visit and spectate if you include, entry, fuel etc. That might be fine for most of you, but not for me, that's too pricey, so I am priced out really

But that doesn't make it "wrong". I can't afford to go to the Melbourne GP but that's my problem not the race's.

IMO Goodwood, like Silverstone Classic, offer great value. Loads of races, loads of off-track activities, you can be on site for 12-14 hours per day for your money and still only scratch the surface. That stacks up well against the cost of watching 90 minutes of bladder kicking and poor acting in your average Premier League game.

It's Goodwood's dressing up policy that turns me off, and why I infinitely prefer the Classic to the Revival. But I appreciate 100,000 people prove me wrong.

As far as the temporary jobs are concerned, I know quite a few students who are grateful of the extra money the event pays them, and wouldn't want full time jobs anyway.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk