View Single Post
Old 9 Jun 2020, 17:57 (Ref:3981016)   #7
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Casto View Post
...Is there any evidence that might be changing?
i dont know. obviously post covid one would assume it will be harder to find money but it has always been hard to find money.

i think teams have for the most part always tried to balance one's ability to drive with said driver's marketability/access to cash. perhaps with money becoming scarcer the balance will move more towards ability to get cash? but it was already going in that direction anyways.

no doubt some will have a harder time of it, but at the same time i see the growth of social media and some drivers' willingness to embrace and effectively monetize that popularity as an important part of one's employment skill set. one could assume that the younger drivers are better suited to do this as the reflected on the grid which was already trending downwards in average age (i think).

i would suspect we will also see another push for greater diversity as there will be a renewed focus on tapping new markets and demographics for sponsorship opportunities.

i suppose one could say the more things change the more they stay the same?

that said and more to the point...i fancy Alonso's chances on being on the 2021 grid more than i do SV's. both have talent, so that equals out, but Alonso brings his own brand in Kimoa and a massive following.