Thread: Multi 21 Red Bull-Honda
View Single Post
Old 30 Apr 2018, 20:02 (Ref:3818487)   #4
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I could be wrong, but my understanding is that Aston Martin as a power unit supplier starting in 2021 is... maybe? Those regulations are not finalized and I wouldn't expect AM committing until they know what they are committing to. Anything could happen between now and then with respect to the regulations.

Regardless of what the situation is with respect to 2021, it would seem odd to have both the Aston Martin and Honda name on the car at the same time. I just don't see Honda wanting to rebrand the engine as Aston Martin just for RBR? Unless maybe the price is right?

Also, I don't really follow the state of the RBR and Renault relationship, but could Honda be both primary (if development goes well) and back (if development is not to RBR's liking) as some type of stalking horse scenario in which if they negotiate with Renault, that Renault knows Honda is in the wings and that RBR is not desperate (at least as portrayed by RBR) and in a bad negotiating position.

Richard