View Single Post
Old 8 Jun 2006, 10:59 (Ref:1629875)   #27
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truckosaurus
Bring your own toilet roll is the most important tip.

Otherwise my own top tip would be to bring one of those fold-up camping chairs to sit on, makes life much more civilised.

If you've got room, a gezebo makes good shade from the sun and/or rain.

Those plastic garden/patio tables take up practically zero room in the boot of the car, which allows you to pile all your junk off the ground.

Freeze up some ice at home and put it in a coolbox, at least you'll have cold beers for a couple of days. Also in the past I've frozen orange juice cartons which act as freezerpacks for a day or two and then you can just drink the contents.
The list of essentials from Truckosaurus is why the days of travelling down in an early spitfire/GT6 have been replaced by the practicality of larger cars.

I would also add a small cooking stove, Robert Dyas were doing them for £9.99 with the gas aerosoles (they do not come with any cartridges) for £1 each at wilkinsons, they are a great improvement on the old Camping gaz burners which were always unsteady and needed matches to light, the new stoves you just turn them on and press a button. A cup of tea in the morning is the best thing to smooth that slight fuzzyness from the night before.