View Single Post
Old 19 Aug 2013, 16:34 (Ref:3291783)   #6
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
AndyS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I took my three year old daughter to the Silverstone Classic this year having tried her and my nephews at a couple of local hill climb events prior. Ear defenders are a must and even with those she didn't like the single seaters, too loud even with the defenders. She liked the touring cars though as they were quieter, although she was none to impressed that there was no pink cars in the race! Also echo the comment about them getting bored. It didn't help either that it was very hot on the day we were there and very little shade. I assume Daytona will be pretty warm as well.

The Classic was better as there was so much other stuff there that we could wonder around and some stuff to amuse her. Plus there was some space where we could let her run around and play. She didn't play up but I was conscious of the fact that it wasn't fair to trail her round and make her sit still constantly. I didn't get to see half as much of the racing as I would have liked but still thoroughly enjoyed it. She must have liked it because she keeps talking about it and playing racing with some toy cars she has. Hopefully, a future motor sport fan in the making!