Thread: NZTC 2015/2016
View Single Post
Old 23 Jun 2015, 22:55 (Ref:3553472)   #12
mikuni
Veteran

mikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Petch View Post
We, Ssangyong Actyon Sport Racing voted not to do either South Island round, as they are back to back and as such to expensive for our 'Mom and Pop' teams.
I realise as the organiser you have an obligation to the people running the teams, however to me this once again represents the approach motorsport officials in NZ have taken to its fans in recent years. There should be an obligation to run South Island events purely for the fans alone!

Secondly, how can going to the South Island twice on two separate occasions be cheaper than going there once for two weeks?

This is a national racing series and it actually makes me quite mad that the organisers are voting to try and keep it to the north island only, especially as so much work is being done to get things back to grass roots and make a decent spectacle for the fans. Racing on only the same 4 tracks every year is not a spectacle, it is just boring and if the teams can't afford to go to a different track, perhaps they shouldn't be racing.