View Single Post
Old 28 Aug 2018, 10:14 (Ref:3846699)   #16
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Sad to see only 5-6 real super tourers turn up at Oulton Park.

I do wonder what will happen next year. I spoke to a few of the drivers, they dont really have the answer to the problems of grid numbers. One driver said part of it is down to no one really trying to rally numbers in order to get the grids up. Another driver said that the better 2019 Dunlop tyres may bring a few drivers back.

Is there any way they could "pool resources"?. I know that sounds easier than it would be in reality, but there needs to be some kind of universal support across all cars or something. I saw one team struggling to get a car going, whilst the engineers from another team looks on. Its debatable whether they could have helped, but its that kind of thing which I think perhaps needs looking at. These cars can be (are) temperamental and require lots of maintenance, so if there was a common support network / agreement maybe that could help?

I know Dave Jarman and Johnny Westbrook were doing something along those lines (probably unofficially) in years gone by, as id see Johnny with his head deep in a different car's engine bay every time I saw him, however as I understand it they both have nothing to do with the series now and its solely being run by the HSCC.