View Single Post
Old 15 Nov 2018, 06:03 (Ref:3863397)   #230
FormulaFox
Veteran

United States
Ohio
FormulaFox is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver TBA View Post
According to the Google machine a 6th gen Camaro is 1350mm high. 50mm lower than the Mustang. Would that not mean its roofline will suffer the same fate, only 50mm worse?
Considering this means that the roofline will be lowered less than the Mustang's, I don't see how that would make things worse or better.

Height
Supercar: 1220
Camaro: 1350
Mustang: 1381

Overall length
Supercar: 4890
Camaro: 4780
Mustang: 4784

Width
Supercar: 1880
Camaro: 1900
Mustang: 1916

Wheelbase
Supercar: 2820
Camaro: 2810
Mustang: 2720

(when recalling this information during my earlier post I got a few numbers reversed in my head; As you can see not ALL of the Camaro's measurements exceed the Supercar)

You'll notice that in most measurements, the Camaro is either larger than the Supercar or much closer than the Mustang was. Relative to the Mustang, the crucial detail is width, where the Camaro is narrower - it would be slimmed down by almost half the amount of the Mustang, which would have a major effect on how tall it looks.

(source for my Supercars measurements: https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...5d7-1542260650 It's a weird source, yes, but I cannot find ANYWHERE else that gives the exact dimensions - not even on the Supercars website)

Now, there IS a problem when comparing height here: These sorts of measurements are usually measured from the roof to the GROUND, and a Supercar obviously sits lower than a roadgoing Camaro and Mustang. What we really need is a reliable measurement from the roof to the bottom of the bodywork.