View Single Post
Old 17 Dec 2007, 19:14 (Ref:2090731)   #1
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The A1 GP love thread. Feel the love. Etc...

Just a quick thread of positivity regarding A1 GP here. Bear with me a moment.

Just got to say how impressed I am with how this series is maturing and growing. The racing is consistently fantastic, it is a magnificent spectacle race weekend after race weekend. Really, it is all motor racing should be about. Like a timewarp to a distant past. F1 of the seventies brought to the modern age.

I worried when the series was first starting out that it would quickly die a death. Yes, it seemed well put together and everything, but would other factions seek to wipe it off the map? Did it really have the infrastructure? Would it receive the support from teams and would the drivers be of a high calibre?

It seems we've got everything really and, well into the third season, it looks like the series is poised to continue going from strength to strength. The news of the Ferrari tie-up is a further boost to the series, adding that extra bit of prestige and marketability.

Here's hoping they don't lose sight of the objective, to entertain. The series has been slightly tweaked year on year, without sweeping change, and the formula is a few tweaks away from nigh on perfection. As long as the Ferrari equipment keeps the racing at the same level, no sweeping changes should be made. Please, just keep it largely the same!

Whatever, I now see no problems fending off the GP2 winter series (indeed, I think it is even better than the main GP2 category right now) and look forward to many, many winters of racing of the highest order, cars that look and sound the real deal on track and, hopefully, a rise in public popularity and awareness.

What a tonic this is to the slightly samey racing and stale politics of many other more mainstream series. It is further proof you don't need big names necessarily to be a success. If the series is good enough, it will make the big names itself.

NOTE - this is not a hysterical reaction to Narain pulling off the win yesterday.

Last edited by Knowlesy; 17 Dec 2007 at 19:16.