View Single Post
Old 18 Dec 2007, 10:39 (Ref:2091153)   #3
Asp
Race Official
Veteran

England
Cumbria, UK
Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!Asp has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAC
I came in here thinking it was some rookie poster and we were about to get the thread closed. Thought I would find some love trust and pixidust picture with a A1 car in it. You can imagine my shock to find it was posted by Knowlesy.
I saw the name of the thread starter, but that probably made me more surprised than you that it didn't involve images of an A1GP car in incriminating positions

It's true though, A1GP's first season had some very shaky ground. I suppose it was only to be expected considering the brand new concept - but it didn't bode well.
Now though, it really is going from strength to strength as Knowlesy says. The immediate future of the series is secured, and the racing is amongst the best out there.

I think the biggest problem still is publicity. It's growing, now that media outlets are aware it's not just a flash-in-the-pan series. But I think it's fair to say that most casual observers of F1 aren't aware that there's something to follow in the off season.

There's always threads around comparing F1 to A1. A1 won't ever be in competition with F1. But it's moving in the right direction to complement it. Let's hope the momentum isn't lost.