52Paddy
Racer

Ireland
Ireland
52Paddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
Channel 5 will be showing an hour highlight show this evening
Over the Christmas holidays I decided to catch up on the WRC world via mini season reviews I found online. I haven't followed the sport since the Loeb era so was well out of the loop. In fact, I still am, as there's only so much you can really gain from 3-minute rally reviews in wrc.com's Youtube channel and skimming through magazine rally reports.

That said, I watched Channel 5's highlights this evening and enjoyed it, though that's probably saying more about my rekindled love affair with the sport rather than the coverage itself. I never liked Paul King's presentation style and I was a little disappointed to see that he's still the man on the microphone after all these years. I also think that C5 could have done more coverage of the non-WRC class runners instead of putting in silly little skits for "entertainment" such as the afternoon tea with Ott Tanak or a 'state-the-bleedin'-obvious' segment on tyre choices.

But, I'm not going to be too ungrateful. I'm glad to be back on the saddle. I'm hoping that the championship this year is as competitive as 2017 seemed to be. And, wow, I've two people to support this year: Kris Meeke and Craig Breen - both from the island of Ireland! I've never had the privilege in my 20 years as an armchair enthusiast.

Sweden, let's be having ya!