View Single Post
Old 16 Sep 2020, 03:36 (Ref:4002725)   #12
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woolley View Post
I've never understood the no overtaking until the control line rule. Make them form up line astern, maintain SC speed once it's gone, switch on the green and go racing. Don't care where the line is, it's green. Get on with it.
I must admit this is my view too.... in a grid start some guys at the rear get away better than those in front and pass before the start finish line without issue, and I see no issue with a restart being the same rules. It would be a little less open to scenarios such as Mugello where the options of when to restart were too grey due to the long straight with a late start line. Usually the leading driver is at full noise coming off the last corner, but this was not the case at Mugello.
Just make it a simple line up, and go at point X and go. No options to confuse people. If you gain a spot before the line so be it.