View Single Post
Old 15 Apr 2020, 10:01 (Ref:3970917)   #4
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greem View Post
I know you explained the reasoning behind the ranking but there are several regulars on this forum who will, I predict, take you to task for Driver A being above drivers B, G, H and Z!
I highly expect that to be the case. Hopefully the results, ranking and methodology will be accepted as not intended to indicate a real-world assessment. I could have selected drivers/teams/cars at random and not based it on the 2020 season, but I hope this way there is a bit more to hook people's interest.

I genuinely have no idea how the results will turn out yet, and I have avoided trying to 'load' the background calculations and figures in favour of any particular entity.

The ranking already shows how this is difficult to achieve.
Oliphant appears higher than possibly expected because the car and team have had so much recent success.
Ingram appears lower down than expected, as a result of Speedworks operating as a single-car team. When Ingram had a bad day last season, the driver, car and team were all impacted.

One thing that struck me was how well AmD, and in particular, Tordoff, performed last season. This has had a knock-on effect on anyone sat in an AmD car in this hypothetical season.