View Single Post
Old 15 Apr 2020, 15:26 (Ref:3970969)   #12
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Final update for today, the first bit of race action.
Once the grid was formed up, there was an expectation that RWD cars would (as always) gain a start line advantage.
This turned out to be so, and the running order as the field heads through the first corner is:

Jelley - having made a solid start
Morgan - passed by Jelley on the start, but otherwise holds his position
Oliphant - again making advantage of RWD, and closing on Morgan fast
Neal - a bit slower away than Oliphant, but otherwise solid
Goff,
Plato - slightly slow away and passed by a couple of cars
Ingram,
Moffat - seems to have really got the hang of getting the Q50 away in race trim
Jordan - followed Moffat through a few of the slower starters
Boardley,
Sutton - stabbed rat comes to mind
Smiley, Proctor, Hill - all passed by RWD cars off the line in the middle of the field bunching
Neate,
Cook,
Cammish,
Hamilton,
Butcher,
O.Jackson,
Bushell,
Gornall,
Chilton,
Turkington - another to benefit from RWD, making up 3 places before the first turn
Crees,
M.Jackson,
Osborne - seemed to get bogged down a bit
Thompson and finally Rowbottom bringing up the rear.