View Single Post
Old 11 Oct 2020, 18:25 (Ref:4009923)   #7
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
What's wrong with the old "just push the car the behind the barrier"?
Unfortunately the old "everyone trusts the drivers to slow down and prepare to stop under yellow flags" went the way of the Dodo some years ago.

When team managers are prepared to argue that "my driver was two tenths slower in that sector during the yellow flag period", and drivers (rarely in F1, granted) frequently make overtakes under yellow, then bureaucracy has to be used to ensure the safety of everyone.

That, and the death of a driver. It only takes one twitch, or one mistake, and we're looking at tragedy instead of inconvenience.

I'm all for just getting out and pushing cars, I really am, but I also value my life and that of the other people in orange/white/blue/grey that do the same thing. Having had to run away from another car spinning into a gravel trap though, I have slightly mixed feelings about it.