View Single Post
Old 14 Jan 2005, 10:23 (Ref:1200697)   #50
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gt_R
Jus curiously pointing out... when Toyota launched their car...i hear alot of groans of how bad the new car looks due to the new regulation, especially regarding the new front wing....

And then, there are past complaints of grooved tyres and narrow car.... but now this Sauber comes along and the car is given thumbs up praise of beatiful etc etc...

There's hope isn't there? Maybe the critics should give any modern regulation a break.. :P
Well maybe I should clarify my earlier remark.

Whilst the new Sauber is the best looking Sauber I have seen, it not the best looking car ive ever seen ever, that accolade has to go to either the 1991 McLaren or the 1992 Ferrari.
That said, its the best looking Sauber post 1997.
I don't think any car post 1997 can come close to any car pre 1998 in terms of looks, the grooved tyres and narrow track is just a plain turn off looks wise.
But I guess we have to live with it, even though making the cars wider and racing on slicks would
A Look better
B give better racing

(Sigh).