View Single Post
Old 10 Feb 2022, 00:34 (Ref:4098017)   #63
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by canaglia View Post
different environment, context etc... sportscars is a whole different world compared to f1. Buemi managed to win so much also because was always with toyota and from to 2018 to 2022 had to realistically compete only against #7 (excluding some 2019-2020 races when toyota was out of the picture due handicap system). A lot of other ex f1 drivers shown to be good average pro lmp2 drivers and no much more, nothing against him, but probably kyvat will be one of them.
i mean, the biggest transition is that the f1 race distance he'll do in the car is just a part of the whole race distance. and then in wec, he'll get back in and do another one. there's a lot less car management, but for the double stints, a similar amount of tyre management depending on the circuit. he'll need to get used to compromising his ultimate pace in favour of a car that his teammates are comfortable with, and if he's qualifying, not having much time to practice for that in the FP sessions. he'll adapt to traffic management, for a good racing driver it's not exactly rocket science.

he's a smart guy, still young in ex-f1 drivers in sportscars terms, and i'm sure he knows it's a good opportunity to make himself look very good for the following year. he's got a tough act to follow in de vries, but then again i'm sure you'll say he's probably pretty average too...