Thread: LM24 This year's GTE Thread
View Single Post
Old 21 Jun 2016, 14:51 (Ref:3654185)   #152
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by seanyb505 View Post
No. I know you said BOP aside, but it was a huge factor. You might as well say, "Yes all the other cars were forced to run with square rims, but Ford had round ones so they deserve the win."
Yes I understand what you mean but it is impossible to equalizing the chances of winning with both old and new cars.
"Were forced to run with square rims" : because of the BoP ? I'm not sure. Some manufacturers want to keep their own square rims on their cars : I particularly aim Porsche with their obsolete architecture. I would like to tell Porsche that the 935 era is definitely over ; a design from 1963 with a rear overhang engine is completely obsolete. The 911 is a legend which govern their commercial strategy, ok, but other competitors don't care. That's why Porsche will a least change the engine position for next year.
Yes, Ford has round ones because their just bring some technical novelty and audacity in GT.