View Single Post
Old 11 Apr 2017, 20:02 (Ref:3725622)   #164
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Was it? Do I? ITV4 just said "Jordan" I think. So I assumed. Or maybe I was reading Tenths at the time and just happened to look up...Whatever, thanks for putting me straight and it was a MAGNIFICENT move. Chalk one up to the Oldies

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
Yes it was Mike pulling off that great move at Woodcote, I've seen him over the years in everything from Porsches, a variety of touring cars and even the Lister Storm at Castle Combe some years back in the British GT's when a on baking hot summers day he doused his balaclava in a water barrel and pulled it on dripping wet before putting his helmet on and climbing aboard to do his stint. Great racer and still just as quick(but annoyingly to Mike), not quite as quick as his offspring in some of the current historic racing cars although I watched the father /son pairing run away with another victory in their iconic Austin A40 at Brands Hatch last weekend. Always a pleasure to exchange a brief word with him in the pits.