View Single Post
Old 3 Sep 2008, 21:58 (Ref:2281203)   #38
stedevil
Veteran

Sweden
stedevil has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend
I don't think Gio did anything out of the ordinary that others wouldn't dish out.
It still made me feel disgusted, especially since I was so enjoying last year when he showed how you could race hard, but fair, and still become the champion in BTCC.

But with ****ty moves like that I can't say he is now less of a rotten apple than the rest. In fact, after this weekend, I would say both eg Neal and Plato have raced more fair than Gio this year. Certainly wasn't thinking I would say that at the start of current season...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les
It amazes me that in this day we still depend on flags and eyes
On this past weekends STCC racetrack (Knutstorp) they have replaced the flags with a light signal system. According to what I read drivers seem to like it due to it being a lot easier to notice than a waving flag. I assume that partially depends on them being able to place these lights in better places, in more direct line of sight of the drivers, but where you would not like to have a human standing waving a flag. Hopefully more tracks will switch to such lights as well in the future.