View Single Post
Old 14 Oct 2016, 13:33 (Ref:3679985)   #47
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
If you looked closely at Lydden you could see the Fords were running, very, very soft suspension, and remember they are from exactly the same arena as Petter, WRC where their Reigers run insane travel and hugely soft setups, through the chicane you could see Bakkeruds car in particular lift its front wheels clearly off the ground, praps sorted more now.
Yeah, the Focus was running very soft at Lydden. As you say Bakkerud was rolling a lot turning into the elbow and getting loads of air coming through the chicane. I thought the behavior of the car in the chicane was actually rather odd: the car was almost rearing up as it came off the crest of the chicane.

Given that M-Sport had some rallycross experience with the Fiesta I would think they must have thought there was some merit starting with a soft setup again. The Focus looked a lot stiffer at Loheac, but I wonder if that was a specific setup for that circuit.

As an aside I the OMSE Fiestas looked soft at Lydden as well. I was surprised as the team know the circuit, but the cars looked like the Team Austria cars did when they first appeared (i.e. bloody hard work to drive!).