View Single Post
Old 30 Jan 2017, 17:07 (Ref:3707826)   #16
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
Statement from Bernie Ecclestone.

"The new owner of the company will be able to carry out the administration of the company in a different way to the way I had, which was to produce financial results for the shareholders, the normal actions of a chief executive. This, I have done for the different shareholders over the last years and also when I owned 100 percent of the company.

“I would have loved the luxury of what Chase Carey, the CEO, is able to do. I hope the F1 supporters appreciate this.
It's not the first time that I have read this. Bernie has said before that he was told by the older owners to get profit no matter what.

Liberty is believed to want to grow F1 as a healthy, long-term business. It's the opposite of Bernie's old goals.