View Single Post
Old 12 Feb 2024, 10:16 (Ref:4196319)   #20
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
I managed to catch quite a lot of both races over the weekend - the 99 Racing car had a horror show didn't they? Incident filled mess on Saturday resulting in retirement and chassis change, then Sunday just horribly off the pace (presumably they hadn't got the setup right on the rebuild?)

The red flags certainly seemed to have a big impact on the results - particularly on Sunday where the APR car got a huge break with the timing of the red flag, it gave them a huge lead that they were then able to just manage until the end. It looked at one point like they might put a lap on the entire field.

The driver time penalties always seem harsh when you get the red flags - I assume that the time is recalculated based on how long the red flag periods are. I'd have thought that could really screw up strategies so you either get done for driver time or have to make an extra stop you didn't otherwise need. Do the teams have to do the driver time calculations themselves or is that updated centrally by race control?