View Single Post
Old 14 Feb 2024, 02:04 (Ref:4196619)   #24
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It’s possible it is available for the teams to see during the race. When I use the live timing at home the software I use calculates the drivers time and that is someone else who cleverly programmed it to dissect the timing feed. So it could well be live.
At the very least the timing records when things happen so they could just write that down and calculate it. Obviously the teams would have to project forwards knowing when they are planning to stop.

Also it is part of the race management, build in wiggle room in your strategy for things like this, just like you do for rain, or tire wear, what competitors are doing, or whatever.

It’s an impactful penalty and you could feel unlucky if you pushed it and it fell poorly for you, but I think it’s fair.