View Single Post
Old 18 Apr 2016, 17:52 (Ref:3634531)   #34
ttdriver2009
Racer

ttdriver2009 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I was out at LB for business and went to the race over the weekend. A few observations.

1. PWC finally has their race on Sunday morning. People are there for the Indycar race and everything else is a support but in the past when PWC ran after Indycar, people were leaving and didn't care. Pretty much like what happened to the trucks and drifting this year.
2. Boring race. The first half under yellow and then the Cadillacs were in a different league. The guy that started in the back just picked off car by car without a problem. The leading one just ran a bit out front to stay out of trouble. Maybe if they could run a full 50 minutes things would be different but by my watch about only 20 or so minutes were green. Somehow Indycar ran all green and IMSA most of the race went green.
3. No GTC cars. That class is painful to watch. Some of the guys are good but others are really bad. Thank goodness they sere not there because the whole race would have been under yellow.
4. Good atmosphere and the jumbo tron is nice to be able to see the action when the cars are on the other side of the track. The coverage on it and the announcer was really good.
5. Good food and great weather. Typical for the LB race.
6. Plenty of people but not as many as when I used to go in the 90's. Seems typical of any race I go to today. At least it's not empty like some other events I've been to.
7. Effort team is really nice and friendly. Probably the friendliest team I've met in a long time. With that, they are "my" team for 2016. Wish other were that friendly.
8. The trucks are awesome. I went and had a burrito and a margarita after the Indycar race. Once drifting was done, I was able to sit anywhere and enjoy them. They are fun to watch because they are so different.
9. PWC seems to be doing a good job. Not as big and stuffy as Indycar or IMSA.
10. The weekend came to an end. Wish it didn't. Back to work.