Thread: Rules Future Rule Changes
View Single Post
Old 17 Apr 2024, 22:06 (Ref:4205278)   #4333
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
More details about the 2026 active aero solution and the future of DRS...

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/w...lans/10599603/

Short version
* An unidentified team said they think a rear wing only solution was viable. Reports of simulations showing undriveable cars was them validating a rear only solution was unrealistic.
* There will be two mode... Normal and low drag
* DRS will go away as structured now. There will be zones that allow low drag to be used, but it's not used to help overtake. So it sounds like anyone can use low drag in the appropriate zone.
* With the removal of DRS as a passing aid what replaces it? A push to pass system!!!

Richard