View Single Post
Old 13 May 2019, 12:05 (Ref:3903491)   #9
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
I think it does address the question. Money = performance.

I would hate to see teams being deliberately handicapped just because they are good. I stopped watching BTCC when they introduced success ballast (I've no idea how the series is run now). However F1 performance is so budget dependant that taking away the bonuses (or perhaps even reversing them) would help to level the playing field. It's a form of budget cap but unlike all the other suggestions, it is workable.
All you are doing here is rewarding the "start and park" teams - refer NASCAR.
Williams would continue distributing any revenue to their shareholders and still not spend enough on the car to be any more competitive.

The answer to the opening posts' question is no. "Success ballast' in whatever form is a terrible idea, however reducing the areas where it is possible to spend money to make a huge difference would seem a good idea, e.g. standard single element front wings.