View Single Post
Old 15 Apr 2020, 07:26 (Ref:3970898)   #1
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Hypothetical BTCC 2020 Season

With the start of the 2020 season still not certain, and cars not heading onto track in any capacity at the moment, I began to wonder if there was a way to predict how the season could have panned out if it went ahead as planned.

So, just for fun, and to hopefully provide a little bit of entertainment for those on the forum, I have developed a hypothetical 2020 season result predictor.

In compiling the tool, a number of factors have been calculated as follows:

Driver Base Skill
Driver Form
Team Skill
Team Form
Car Skill
Car Form

All of these characteristics have been derived from results and statistical analysis, which means the 'scores' are weighted to those with more experience. But for the purposes of this run through, they seem to suffice.

At this stage, I am unsure what the results will be, or even how realistic they may appear. When an element of randomness is entered, it might see crazy results, or it might be a bit too predictable.

I will share the results in this thread as the hypothetical season develops, and hope that others enjoy what is, as a I said, just for fun and general interest.