View Single Post
Old 15 Apr 2020, 10:30 (Ref:3970921)   #5
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
So today, we look at Qualifying for the first Race at Donington.

Part of the modelling does mean that Qualifying is one of the more 'random' elements of the weekend, and so results may vary wildly.

Once everything has been run through the 'predictor', the grid for Race One is as follows:

1 - Morgan
2 - Jelley
3 - Neal
4 - Plato
5 - Goff
6 - Oliphant
7 - Ingram
8 - Smiley
9 - Proctor
10 - Hill
11 - Boardley
12 - Moffat
13 - Jordan
14 - Neate
15 - Cook
16 - Sutton
17 - Cammish
18 - Hamilton
19 - Butcher
20 - O.Jackson
21 - Bushell
22 - Gornall
23 - Chilton
24 - Osborne
25 - Crees
26 - M.Jackson
27 - Turkington
28 - Thompson
29 - Rowbottom

So a few surprises in the results.
The 1-series looks to have gone well in the early conditions, and the experienced heads of Neal and Plato managed to get good results.
Last season's main title contenders all looked to struggle to get to grips. Perhaps the pressure got to them all, or they got a bit bunched up in traffic.

It does look like we might have a BMW leading into the first corner of the season, but not necessarily the model we were expecting?