View Single Post
Old 18 May 2020, 13:39 (Ref:3976944)   #59
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I can see Jordan having a good season, Turkington will have it tougher, Oliphant will be quick and Cammish will be up there again, as should Chilton, Neal and Tingram. Not sure how the Mercs will go. I certainly see all three BTC cars being up there enough times. Be interesting to see which way the championships go. Certainly the top teams will be Speedworks, Dynamics, Motorbase, BTC and WSR.

Thompson could have an interesting year with his car, Crees will do better than people realise. Plenty of other questions to answer. How well will the three VWs go? I can see at least one of them being competitive or maybe only one.

So yeah plenty of food for thought being provided here
There are some potential flaws in the modelling, which I am still to gain the experience and resource to iron out of the simulation.
One of those being the Toyota / Speedworks. Assessing the potential of the team/car is difficult with just a single entry - when compared to a 3-Series or FK8.

On the day when Turkington and Oliphant both have a bad result, Jordan might still score well making the car's statistics stronger.
Likewise the FK8.
If Ingram gets a bad result - is that a reflection of the team, car or driver?
But then another thought - is that a reflection of the real world situation where Speedworks will always struggle when they only have one set of data?