View Single Post
Old 24 May 2000, 02:50 (Ref:7425)   #12
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
Lee,
I guess saying I was disturbed was a little excessive but your comments did strike a cord with me and thanks for not stereotyping me into your openwheel fan group.
I dont know much about the civil war and so i guess things run deep over there in the USA but the old adage Forgive and Forget should be used to bring the nation back together but that is not my concern.
Like crash said we have friendly sporting rivalries over here (Oh yeh crash NSW 1 QLD big fat 0)..hehehe...sorry sporting joke...but over here we (racing fans) just like racing and allthough Nascar is failing very badly here it is still racing and exciting to watch as is the local Formula Vee shootout on club days...I have a friend who hates bike racing and I love it but we can never agree on this but it doesnt make each of us hate each other.
Im not trying to change your opinion on anything allthough it would be nice to see you post in other forums but that of course is your choice. I would like to have some good conversations with you and hopefully we can ..you as a motorsport fan and me as a motorsport fan surely we can head in a direction that would be beneficial to both of us.
Do you feel that these tracks that want the races now will enhance the series ..i dont know who they are but surely it will help the series to grow and reach an even bigger audience which you have to admit is always a good thing for the sport.
all i can say is here at ten tenths we give eveyone and every class a fair go because we love motorsport full stop ..what you do in your own country is your business for sure but maybe here we could learn to get along and have fun at the same time..i dont get to see that many Nascar races due to lack of TV coverage here but when i do pop in this forum i hope we can chat as fans and not be considered one of those open wheel guys ..I treat you as an equal and expect the same in return so LETS GET ON WITH THE RACIN !!!!