Thread: WEC WEC 2024
View Single Post
Old 29 Mar 2023, 18:27 (Ref:4149621)   #72
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Stockton, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
From what I've gathered the Historics and Indy are the bigger draws than IMSA. Plus Laguna is in a California state park with very very limited run hours, I think they don't have any unused time. Indy isn't likely moving, IMSA probably not as well and well the Monterey Historics are the Monterey Historics. That's not going anywhere or moving for anyone, the entire area celebrates the event. And the entry list is usually fantastic
I don't think it's in a state park, but it used to be run by Monterey County, so that's where you may have gotten that impression. The problem with too many events at Laguna is that many high net worth individuals built multi-million dollar homes within earshot of the circuit (the track was there long before the houses, but you know how that goes), the NIMBYs have been vocal and likely add a lot to the county tax coffers, so that's the issue there.