View Single Post
Old 25 Apr 2016, 18:43 (Ref:3636318)   #47
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I hear what you are saying, chillibowl, but if the FIA steps in to the Mallya problem, who is it going to benefit?

His chum Roy is behind bars in India and has to find about a $1 billion that the authorities there want as a surety for bail. The problem faces is that he can't raise the cash because the very fact that he is desperate is forcing the price that buyers are prepared to pay for his assets right down. Sahara, which is Roy, own some prize assets such as hotels that would normally have suitors fighting over. In this instance, the best offers are only about a third of a fairly lowly valuation.

I don't think that there would be many suitors for Force India at the moment, and I don't think that Mallya or Roy are in a position to sell.