Thread: Rich Energy
View Single Post
Old 19 Jul 2019, 07:38 (Ref:3918431)   #169
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by E.B View Post
And now Red Bull get in on the act....

The existence of this claim was brought to the public domain by Storey, which does raise questions over its validity.

An interesting article here though does seem to suggest this is a legitimate case.

'Although the defendants have not yet filed a defence, because the claim is under the Shorter Trials Scheme (STS) the Particulars of Claim give a good flavour of the key issues in dispute.

RBG bases its claim on two UK trade marks: no. 3129030 for RED BULL, and no. 3058007 for GIVES YOU WINGS (both for energy drinks in Class 32). It alleges that the defendants have used (in advertising):

The hashtag #betterthanredbull in various posts on the Rich Energy Instagram, Facebook and Twitter pages;
The signs WINGS and GIVES YOU WINGS as part of "FORGET THE WINGS" and "FORGET WINGS RICH ENERGY GIVES YOU HORNS" on the Rich Energy Facebook page and website; and
The sign BULL as part of "NO BULL", "No Bull..." (which, on two occasions, was posted in blue and red, the colours prominently features on Red Bull products) and "#nobull" on the Rich Energy Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages. '